Losing a loved one through the negligence of someone else and filing a wrongful death claim is often a heart wrenching process. Surviving members relive the tragic facts of the accident all over again in litigation. Pursuant to the law, you have to set up an estate for the deceased family member to file a wrongful death claim for economic hardship. The types of damages that can be recovered by surviving members are:
- Hospital and medical bills prior to death
- Future lost wages and lost benefits
- Lost companionship and services that the person would have provided to family members, including guidance and care for surviving children
- Pain and suffering the deceased member experienced prior to death
- Funeral and burial expenses
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation
If you feel that you are a victim, it’s important to take steps to protect your rights. To schedule a free case evaluation, contact us online or via phone.